After playing together in several projects, Dieter Boels and Koen Wouters started writing music together and formed a Cinematic Nu-Jazz project called Atmosfeer.
When they made their music public they were immediately noticed by culture website CuttingEdge
(January 2013) and just a few months later they won the Interfacultaire RockRally, a music contest for students in Leuven.
A year later they were selected as Artists in Residence at the KULeuven
and recorded their first EP with Mathijs Bertel of Ansatz Der Maschine
behind the mixing desk. The EP was released in September 2014 and Atmosfeer became a full band, with Joannes Van Duffel on drums and Matthijs Braspenning on bass.
- "Nujazz with a Lynchian edge", CuttingEdge 2013
- Winner Interfacultaire Rockrally 2013
- Student Artist in Residence KULeuven 2014
- Dieter Boels - Guitar & electronics
- Koen Wouters - Saxophone
- Joannes Vanduffel - Drums
- Matthijs Braspenning - Bass, double bass